Pages

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Yippee!

Hm. My new tattoo looks kind of disgusting right now. It's scabbed over and the scabs are starting to come off (totally normal, I swear) in big chunks. It's just not pretty at the moment.

My new job is going well. I really like my Korean co-teacher; maybe in another life, we could be friends. However, I've not yet mastered the art of making long-term Korean friends so I think we will just remain friendly coworkers.

I have roughly 200 students now. I teach 6 classes every day, with the same students on M/Th, T/F, and then different students on Wednesdays. Some of them are good, some of them are not so good. I've got one student who's like 15 and has absolutely no motivation. Luckily he just sits there and does nothing, so he doesn't give me any problems. When I give out a test, he doesn't even try. He just writes his name, then turns it over and doodles on the back. Then there's another student who's maybe 9 years old... his attitude came across as really rude and disrespectful, but I talked to my co-teacher and she said she thinks he might be a little bit "retarded". Of course, after that I really felt bad because I was getting on to him and he probably just didn't even have a clue as to what I was saying. Oh well. He'll get over it. I hope.

I still haven't used the squat toilets at work. I try not to drink too much, and I try to eat "normal" food before work so I won't have any "problems" (if you know what I mean) while I'm at work. Only 50 more weeks, right? I can make it.

I'm going to talk my husband into going out tonight. It's Saturday night, y'all, time to party!!!! (or so they say.)

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com