Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yeah, I like make-up. So what?

[Girly topic. You have been warned.]

Today was a good day. I lazed around the Internet then took a walk to various make-up shops. Now, Korea loves their make-up shops. You don't really buy make-up at places like E-Mart or Homeplus--but that doesn't mean you have to spend loads of money on make-up either. Here we have Face Shop (my favorite), Innisfree, Nature Republic, Skin Food, Aritaum, and probably a few more that I've forgotten. They all sell the same stuff, more or less--make-up, hair stuff, skin stuff, body cleanser, and nail stuff. The make-up costs about the same as Cover Girl or Maybelline back home. They're also wonderful because you get tons of freebies with your stuff. I've got a shopping bag full of lotions, cleansers, masks, toners, sunscreen, hair stuff, etc. It's my go-to bag for traveling.

I bought some foundation while I was home--Maybelline Dream Mousse or something like that. It's crap. My face looks like I'm smack in the midst of puberty again. I only bought it because every store was out of my color in my favorite foundation, Almay TLC 16-Hour. That stuff rocks. I could sweat all day in the summer and my make-up still looked great. A little creepy, yes, but very convenient. And my face never broke out.

Anyway, I haven't had much luck with the Internet and I hate always asking for people to send me stuff. So I've been shopping around to the different make-up shops and I bought some "Aeromix Make-up Base" and "Aeromix Foundation" and "Herb Soft Twincake". The Aeromix is formulated with MD201 water, whatever that is. The Herb Twincake has lavender in it--oooooh. Other than that, I have no idea what to expect. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I could just go to Debec or Lotte Department Store and get MAC or Chanel or Clinique, but those brands are SO EXPENSIVE here. I bought a Clinique blush when I first arrived, maybe $12-18 back home, but it was $30 here! However, if this foundation thing doesn't turn out I may just have to suck it up and spend the money for something decent.

Mmm, Korea. You're so vain. I love it.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com