Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

아 바 타!

Also known as "Avatar!" We just got back from seeing it in IMAX 3D and it was amazing! If you see it in regular 2D, you're just missing out. Don't do it, man. 


James Cameron overdid the political/social undertones just a bit. It didn't really distract from the movie too much, but there were a couple of moments that I had to say, "Really, James? REALLY?"


All in all, great movie. I wanted to get some pics of Marc and I in our superhot 3D glasses, but there wasn't enough time. You see, Marc bought these tickets a week ago (yes, we had to get them a week in advance) and at the time the "evening" showing was 8:45--so I guess it was just assumed that it was the same time tonight. WRONG! Marc pulled out the tickets as we were leaving and I glanced at them and said...well, shouted... "8:05?!??? It starts at 8:05???!?!?!?" I looked at the time and it was already 8:10. We got to the theater around 8:25. Luckily, we didn't miss too much.... super-long previews at this theater. Sigh.


All of the movie theaters here have assigned seats, which is nice. Since we were late, one of the employees showed us to our seats... he looked at the ticket, went up one side and pointed us aaaaaalll the way down to the other side of the aisle. So after crawling over about 20 people I got to the other end and realized the guy showed us the wrong seats. I walked back around and realized by myself that our seats were right where we'd started from. Sigh again.


Time for sleep. Goodnight!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com