Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Korean Living

Like Southern Living, get it? Anyway.
I told you I'd update with pictures of our new place, so here I go. Marc is officially working at Moon Kkang English School now, "the most famous children's hagwon in Daegu!" my adult students tell me. They gave us a really nice apartment and right now we pay half the rent but when I start working there at the end of March, it will be free!
We used to live in Samdeok-dong, Jung-gu (a Dong [heehee] is a small section within a Gu, which is a larger small section within the city)--basically the downtown area. Now we live in Beomeo-dong, Suseong-gu--the affluent part of the city. (Does anyone else hear the Jefferson's theme?) I love our new apartment because it's like a REAL American apartment! With rooms and everything! Our other one had rooms too, but the living room area was more like a narrow hallway. Now we have a nice living room that opens up into the kitchen. And a laundry room. And a closet!
Okay, so, pictures...
Main bedroom
The closet!
Our miniscule bathroom
The kitty bathroom
The LAUNDRY ROOM!
Our awesome living room and kitchen
Of course, since it's Christmastime we have a cute little Christmas tree...
It's only about 3 feet high, but anything bigger was more that we wanted to pay. As you can see, there's a little angel under it, along with an Xbox controller and game--no mistaking this is the Marc & Christina Prados household ;-)
Okay well that's all for now--I'll update soon with some Christmas cheer!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com