Pages

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

James and the Local Dry Cleaners

Today I met with James, the academic director of the other YBM school in Daegu. I am going to teach some classes there on Saturdays this month and I also wanted to meet him because his school is where Christina is going to work when she gets here. We had a nice chat and now I know what I'm doing this Saturday. I also got a good look at the school and met a few of the teachers there. The building is older than mine, but its still nice. James seemed really cool and I think Christina will like working for him. Classes are going well. I had a little trouble yesterday, but it was mostly me just adjusting to a new teaching environment than I'm used to. I got a lot of work done today, all my lessons are planned til the end of the week, and I'm looking forward to getting home and relaxing. I still haven't had the time to organize my new furniture, but with the rest of the week planned already, I will have time tomorrow and Friday. I found a dry cleaners near my apartment today. I don't speak a word of Korean (except for thank you) and the lady didn't speak a word of English, but we managed to communicate that I could pick my stuff up Friday. The place is just a few minutes walk from my place so its pretty convenient. I also noticed a small grocery store and a butcher shop too. Those will be nice once I get around to buying my own food to cook. However, eating here can be so cheap its not a big priority. I'll have to dedicate a post strictly to the food I've had so far. Tonight however I'm looking forward to getting home before 10. Oh and by the way, the picture is of the building my school is in taken from a distance. We're on the 6,7,8 and 10th floors.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com