Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Half o' Chiquapin Parish'd give their eyeteeth to take a whack at Ouiser!

Ten points if you know where that title quote's from!

I've avoided writing anything here lately because it would just be more "only x days left!" and "oh, not much is happening here" and who really cares about all that? Not me, that's for sure. I'm pretty sure if I was reading my blog, I'd be like, "Geez, I wish she'd get a life and write something that will entertain me for 3 minutes!" So that's why I haven't written lately.

Today was my last day at YBM. As I said to my coworkers earlier today, I'm a bit indifferent about leaving YBM but I'm sad to leave all of them. Luckily, we have neat things like cell phones and Internet access, so it really shouldn't be THAT difficult to keep in touch. Unfortunately, I'm not really looking forward to starting my new job either; they've been really difficult to get any information out of and today was really too much. I needed to get my visa transferred to my new school before I leave tomorrow, so the guy from my new school (Moon Kkang) came by YBM to pick up my passport and ARC (Alien Registration Card) yesterday. I was told I'd have both back today, and I just assumed it'd be in the afternoon sometime.

Since it's Marc's birthday, we'd planned to go out and have a nice dinner after he finished work at 6:30. Well, 6:30 came around and I still didn't have my passport. We called and hassled people and were told someone from MK would bring it to the apartment before 8pm. Well, 8pm came around and still no passport... by this time I was angry and ready to cancel my contract because I really hate this kind of crap. Marc called again to find out what was going on, and was told that "something came up" but we'd have my passport within 15 minutes. Oh. Em. Gee. The guy finally showed up around 8:20 and said, "Sorry, oh and it was fifty bucks." I'd forgotten about payment, it would have been nice if my "contact person" had mentioned something about cost. Whatever. I'd really like to make an official complaint about this whole ordeal but I have no idea who to complain to.

In any case, I'll be on my way to the grand ol' U.S. of A. in about 6.5 hours--weeeeee!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com