Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

December Update

And just in time, I might add :)

So, as most (all?) of you know by now, I AM PREGNANT!!! Marc and I are positively elated. As in I've already got 3 pregnancy books and Marc's reading them too. Oops, he may not want me to share that. Oh well! We got the positive on December 4th; it was only a minor surprise. We actually started trying LAST December, and then decided to stop trying in October until after we got home, and then I was pregnant :o)

We found a wonderful doctor here in Daegu, Dr. Song, to take care of me and the little one until we come home in April. He worked in Wisconsin for 17 years, and he's friends with Dr. Chung from St. Luke's Hospital in Newburgh, NY, who was my mom's OB when she was pregnant with me! Apparently they went to medical school together or something. I don't think I need to tell you that it's a small world after all.

The official due date is August 8 but when we commented to Dr. Song that our anniversary is August 5, he decided to change our official due date to August 5 in his computer. Maternity care is a little different here, because I will get an ultrasound at every visit (it's only $25 for an ultrasound here, as opposed to something like $200 in the US). I guess it's common practice in the US to only get 1 or 2 ultrasounds--LAME. I was also able to get the Go-Un Mom Card, which is basically a $300 credit card to use for my doctor appointments and any medications I need. It's available to all pregnant women in Korea who are covered under the National Health Insurance.

I'm a little disappointed that I'll have to change doctors and health care systems when I'm 6 months pregnant, but I suppose it's worth it to be at home. Even though the hospital just built a brand new labor and delivery wing and the birth would only cost about $1000 (and that's with 2-3 days in the hospital)... I promise I'm excited about coming home and having this baby with friends and family close by :)

Now for some pictures:

self-explanatory (wahooooo!)
The smiley mouth is my uterus, and the "tongue" in the middle is the baby
It's snowing tonight!
Yeah, that's really all I have to say. I'm waiting on Marc to come home with some delicious Taco Bell from the army base but it's probably going to be a while because of the snow. It's okay though, I have lots of scrump-dilly-umptious Christmas treats to snack on while I wait, hahaha.

1 comments:

auntie linda said...

We are all so happy for you and Marc. I was so excited to wake up Elena and Will on Christmas morning with the news that they are going to get a new cousin!(of course, elena says she hopes it is a girl - she is tired of being the only girl in Byrne clan.) I can't wait to hold "baby M&C".

I loved reading when I was pregnant. I had hundreds of pregnancy books and then went right into infant development books when Elena was born. xoox

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com