Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

A Thanksgiving "Feast" in Korea

Thanksgiving has come and gone here in the Land of the Morning Calm. Marc and I are thrilled that this was the last one on this side of the planet! We hadn't intended on cooking any special food, but at the last minute I decided to make a little something special.

I made pecan-crusted chicken breasts, mashed sweet potatoes, and green beans. That's about as close to Thanksgiving cooking as I can get without having an oven. Tomorrow (Saturday) we're (probably) going to a cafe downtown that's serving up some Thanksgiving goodies; turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and apple and pumpkin pie.

Oh, something I learned while making my pecan-crusted chicken: dried parsley can get worms if it gets too old. I learned this AFTER I added it to the pecans. Luckily, I had plenty of pecans so I just threw out that first mixture, and you know what? The chicken turned out just fine without the totally useless herb known as parsley!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. See you in 4 months and 27 days!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com