Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wanted: Exciting Trip to Anywhere

Greetings to all of my faithful readers, I'm already posting again and it's only been 5 days! Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of this whole "blogging" thing--as opposed to the whole, "maybe I should write something so people know we haven't been nuked by the N. Koreans yet are still alive." *cough* Anyway.
It's 6pm on Saturday; Marc went to work today to sub for another teacher from 3-7, and I've done NOTHING today. Well, except for waiting up at 6:15 this morning absolutely freaked out because I thought I was late for work. I'm not kidding. I opened my eyes, saw the sunlight, and practically leaped out of bed, hyperventilating. Marc was all, "What's wrong?! Christina, WHAT'S WRONG??!?!?" For 2 seconds I was almost violently angry because Marc didn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation but then I realized what day it was. I sank back to the bed, put my head in my hands and sighed, "It's the weekend, isn't it...". I blame it on the cold medicine I took last night.
In any case, I took a shower about an hour ago and have been playing on the internet since then. It's just so hard to get going when I have a sweet little cat named Elliot sleeping by my side! Oh well, we're going to a wedding tomorrow for one of Marc's friends so that's something. The cherry blossoms are starting to bloom, so as soon as it gets warmer I'd like to go to one of the various cherry blossom festivals around here. They're such a welcome sight (and smell!).
Oh, so, I do have some interesting tidbits to report on. First, I witnessed my first public urination last Wednesday. I've heard that Korean men really have no qualms about peeing in public, but I hadn't actually seen it until now. I was walking to meet Marc after he got out of work, and heard the sound of running water. I looked up and there's a man in a suit leaning against a wall just taking a leak like it's no big deal. The American female in me quickly averted my eyes and just walked a little bit faster. I'm not really sure why they have no shame about that, or about hacking and spitting in public (even indoors), yet they're so private about some other things. 
I'm also a little tired of people who are not Americans thinking it's okay to rag on America in front of Americans. Oh, and saying things like, "If Bush did that I'd say he's an idiot but since it's Obama, I don't care so much!" But, you know, whatever. 
I know there was something else I wanted to mention, but I can't remember right now. I'll post it when I remember it. Until then, I leave you with... "The Obama Song".

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com